CAPTURE TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Last Updated on June 18, 2019
We reserve the right to change this Policy and our Terms of Service at any time. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy by sending notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by a prominent notice on the Site and Application. Significant changes will go into effect 30 days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site, Application and this privacy page for updates. You acknowledge that your continued use of our Site, Application or Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy means that the collection, use and sharing of your personal data is subject to the updated Policy.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- Protection of Capture and Others
- What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them?
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
- Your Choices Regarding Information
- Links to Third Party Websites
- How We Respond to Do Not Track signals
- Personal Information of Minors
- DMCA Notice
- Users Outside of the United States
- Contact Us
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information, including Personal Information, to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with the Site, Application and Services. You provide some of this information directly, such as when you create an account or contact us for support. We collect some of it automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Site, Application, or Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have a lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Site, Application, or Services you have requested)) and “legitimate interests”.
We collect, store, and use the following information, which includes Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- Your name, company name and your title (if using the Services on behalf of an entity), email address, age, date of birth, country of residence, and any other information you share when you create an account on our Application or otherwise access our Services, or use interactive features on our Site and Application.
- If you register as a User using a third party social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, your username on that social media platform, email, password, profile picture, and first and last name.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help improve the Services or Capture products or other services.
- Other Personal Information you voluntarily submit, which may include your profession, gender, profile picture, etc.
- Your Content you make available on the Application, any media or information that you share with other Users, and any other information you provide in Social Forums or while using the Services. Any information you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Site, Application and/or Services:
- Details of how you use the Site, Application, or Services.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Site, Application or Services from a mobile application, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Your social media account IDs and information shared with us via your social media accounts.
- Browser and device information and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
- Data about your location based on your phone settings sent from your mobile device when using our Application to access the Services; we will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to improve the Site, Application, or Services, optimize our technology, and refine the experience of our Users.
Namely, we use the information we collect to:
- Email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms and phone you to provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks, and to answer your queries.
- Administer the Site, Application, or Services, enable you to use its features, and improve your overall user experience and our products.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Analyze how Users use the Site, Application, or Services using tools like Google Analytics and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Site, Application, or Services.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Application, or Services and engage the community and our Users.
- To improve media recognition capabilities of the product, including images, video and text.
- To accomplish or further our mission, which is to bring an absolutely new and unique experience to how people interact with each other.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
- To compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
- To provide and deliver products and services requested by Users.
Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties, except with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Collaborating Organizations: Sometimes we collaborate closely with other groups to further our mission. In these cases, we may share your name, contact information and other details you provided when making an account with our partners.
- Affiliated Third Parties:We may share our subscriber list, which include Users’ names, email addresses, social media IDs, comments, and use history, with our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers:We work with a wide range of third party providers, notably our database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organizations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services.
- Payment processors:We work with payment processors such as PayPal or Stripe to help process credit card transactions and other payment methods made through the Application and Services. These payment processors will store certain information about you. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn more about how they use your Personal Information.
Protection of Capture and Others
We will also share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Capture if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (1) detect or protect against fraud or security issues, to enforce our Terms of Service, (2) meet any enforceable government request, or (3) defend against legal claims, protect against harm our legal rights or safety, or that of our staff or Users.
What are Cookies and Web Beacons and How Do We Use Them?
You may delete and block all cookies from our Site or Application, but parts of the Site, Application, or Services may not work. We want to be open about our cookie use.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site or Application or access the Services and to help determine how you found the Site, Application, or Services. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, https://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. If you are a User, you are responsible for keeping your account details confidential. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your Personal Information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Site, Application, or Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you the Site, Application, or Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Site, Application and Services.
Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of Personal Information on our Site, Application, or Services:
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by a user in their user account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by editing their profile via the Application. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Delete or Correct Your Content. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Your Content by accessing your user account (including any imported contacts). You control all of Your Content and any other User Content you upload. Content that you delete (including Content containing Personal Information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like history of activities in chats and channels. For instructions on how to permanently delete Your Content from your account, please contact us at email@example.com. Please note that permanent deletion of Your Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
Delete or Correct Personal Information.You may access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your account page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information and can ask for a copy of Personal Information you provided in machine readable form by emailing us at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Email Communications. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by following this link.
Marketing Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Capture features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out.
Links to Third Party Websites or Services
By using the Site, Application and Services, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third party websites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. We do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser because we do not track our visitors to provide targeted advertising. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Personal Information of Minors
If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through our Site, Application, or Services, please send a notice to our copyright agent that includes all of the items below and we will expeditiously take appropriate action. Our designated copyright agent to receive such claims can be reached at email@example.com. This process does not limit our ability to pursue any other remedies we may have to address suspected infringement.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled and the URL or other location of that material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)”;
- The following statement: “The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
Capture is based in the United States. The Site, Application, and Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site, Application, or Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, or the Site, Application, or Services, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.